Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dominica Dominguez ch3- Why me

Dominica (22) her boyfriend Kampol Do (27)
Narrated by Dominica
dominica ch 5
Kampol and I have been doing great this past two years. We have managed to finally get our little farm on the road map to success. It takes a lot but for now we are working hard at it.
dominica ch 5
Kampol has been super quiet lately. I think he still wants me to focus on getting my college degree. I know its the best for me to complete but for now I try to focus on the farm and my current job.
dominica ch 5
I thought the Kampol was quiet with me because of the lack of interest for my college degree. He asked if we could talk and I was getting ready for another lecture. This time it was different. I could tell that he was tearing up and I asked what was wrong.
dominica ch 5
When he told me I did not want to hear it. They had found a tumor in his brain and they only gave him six months to live. I could not believe what I was hearing. How could it be that he could be diagnosed like that? I felt my whole world ending.
dominica ch 5
He got up and hugged me while I just cried and cried. He told me that everything was going to be alright and that he wanted me to keep living. I could not bare it.....Why did this have to happen to me?
dominica ch 5
my mom came to give me support. She still could not believe that I told her that Kampol was sick and dying. She hugged me and told me to be strong for Kampol.
dominica ch 5,dominica ch 5
Ever since he told me I spend every waking moment with him. I guess part of his illness is him forgetting things. There are times when he does not remember who I am anymore. I am only grateful for those days when he knows who I am and cuddles with me for hours.
dominica ch 5,dominica ch 5
I quit my job because our plants need more care and so does Kampol. He sleeps more and does not have the energy to come and help in the garden anymore.
dominica ch 5,dominica ch 5
It takes me all day to get all these plants tended to. I really need to expand in order to make ends meat. I don't know how to do it and we are not financially stable yet.
dominica ch 5,dominica ch 5
When I come sometimes I notice that Kampol has made his way down to the living room. He falls asleep on the couch and its a big deal to wake him. When he does not recognize me he becomes agitated and asks why I am bothering him.
dominica ch 5,dominica ch 5
My parents insist that I move back home and have Kampol placed in hospice care. I can not leave my home. My moms dont understand that this desert as they call it is home to me. I live here now and I can not see myself heading back to Viramontes anytime soon.

dominica ch 5,dominica ch 5
Kampol took a turn for the worse. The doctor came over and told me that the end was nearing for him. It was closer than he had originally thought. I was distraught and I sat on the bed that night and told him how much I loved him. I told him that I dreamed of us growing old together and having kids one day. Now all that was taken away from me.
dominica ch 5,dominica ch 5
I had left him to go get him some food to eat when I heard intense screaming from our bedroom. I ran up to see what it was and it was Kampol hacking up blood. I did not know what to do. One minute he could not breathe..
dominica ch 5,dominica ch 5
The next minute he was lying on the floor. I managed to call 911 to come and get him to the hospital.
dominica ch 5,dominica ch 5
The ambulance arrived but they told me that Kampol was dead. He no longer had a pulse but they would try to resuscitate him on the way to the hospital.
dominica ch 5,dominica ch 5
Kampol had died and now I needed to make burial arrangements for him.
dominica ch 5,dominica ch 5
Just like he wished, I buried him on our property. I just hope that I do not have to move him. I do not know how much longer I will be able to pay for this house. Hopefully I will be able to manage it.

No comments:

Post a Comment