Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Africa Dominguez Chapter 7

Africa (36), Laci (36) their kids: Darius (20), Sasha and Nicolas, twins (10)
Narrated by Africa
Africa ch 7
I am pregnant and about to explode. I don't know how Laci did this twice. We have both decided that this is our last pregnancy. I nor Laci want to go through this again. I am happy that this pregnancy was safe. My last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage but we got pregnant right away.
Africa ch 7
Yup we were blessed not with twins but Quads. Talk about being lucky. Laci couldn't believe it and even joked around that I wanted to beat her by having four kids at once. As of now we are seriously concentrating on what to do financially. We are using Sasha and Nicolas' old nursery but as you can see were cramped. Moving is not an option.
Africa ch 7
Our son Darius decided to move back home. He dropped out of college and we are even more cramped. We couldn't refuse our son. For now he is sleeping on the couch. He goes out a lot and even visits his boyfriend a lot. We talk about his life plan but he just doesn't have one. For now he wants to get a job and maybe move in with his boyfriend. I get worried because he's always out and about til late night and well that is concerning especially when you have no job.
Photobucket
On rainy nights I worry about Darius. Hes turning into a party animal and I need him to focus. Laci is also worried. It was getting terrible outside and I called Darius on his cellphone. He told me not to worry that he was fine and would be home later.
Africa ch 7
I went to bed and snuggled with Laci. Laci told me that she would talk to Darius about staying out too late. No sooner did we fall asleep and were woken up by the nonstop ringing of the phone. I didn't hear it but Laci did and begged me to go answer it.
Africa ch 7
I answered the phone and I must have been groggy because I swear the person on the phone told me that Darius was involved in an accident. I cleared my head and I got the details. Laci and I ran to the hospital.
Africa ch 7
We got to the hospital and we couldnt believe the news. Darius had just passed away. He had too many internal injuries and the car that he was traveling in was totaled. We did not know how to deal with this devastating news.
Africa ch 7
Laci kept screaming for her baby to wake up. I on the other hand just wished that I had the power to make him stay home that day. This was a terrible shock to us and our family.
Africa ch 7
The funeral was scheduled and we buried Darius next to my parents. I could not stop crying. Asia had to drag me away from my baby's grave. How is it that my 20 year old is dead?
Africa ch 7
Nothing prepared us for Dominica's reaction. This was her twin brother lying there. Dominica was so distraught. She had moved to Bluewater after graduation with her boyfriend and she had not been around to visit us. It was hard for us to accept that she was living with her boyfriend. With it being finals Darius' boyfriend was unable to come to the funeral but did show up later. He talked to Dominica and was too sad to talk to us. I just hope that he can cope. As for our family, well we are too distraught for words.


Author's note**
I hated that I had to have Darius die due to ROS. I had planned to marry him to his college boyfriend but it just was not meant to be. I almost re rolled the dice but then decided to stay true to the ROS.

No comments:

Post a Comment