Monday, July 5, 2010

Dominica Dominguez-Chapter 2- A new beginning

Dominica (20) Kampol (25)
Dominica Dominguez ch 2
The death of Darius has really hit me hard. I still can not believe that my twin brother is no longer here with me. I feel emptiness when I think of him. Kampol has been great in helping me through my mourning period. For now we are just content on living together in Paradise Cove.
Dominica Dominguez ch 2
Kampol has been trying his hand at fixing things around the house and I am not sure that he knows what he is doing. I remember my moms getting into arguments over things like this so I just let him be.
Dominica Dominguez ch 2
We took out a loan and decided to try this vegatable gardening thing. Since Paradise Cove is a new community there is not much work here at all. For now this is the income that we are getting.
Dominica Dominguez ch 2
Not soon after I was settled I asked my whole family to come out and visit. Yes when I say whole family I mean it. My mom Africa was glad to see me but kept telling me that she was surprised I had not melted yet.
Dominica Dominguez ch 2
Kampol never noticed how big my family was until they were all seated down to eat. He was happy to have everyone be here and help us celebrate the new house. Of course I avoided my other mom Laci, she kept asking me if I was going to get married or not.
Dominica Dominguez ch 2
When everyone left I still had some sunlight left and decided to water the plants. I needed to make sure that this venture was successful.
Dominica Dominguez ch 2
Kampols job as test subject was short lived. He lasted a week before the test was done and he was let go. So its back to gardening for both of us.
Dominica Dominguez ch 2
After much searching I got a job as a Fish chummer. I love my job but was sadden to find out that this is as high as I could go without a college degree. I know I want to be more in this career so I approached Kampol and asked him how he felt if I finished my degree at home. He said it would be a great idea because he was planning on going for his master's degree too. This would mean that we would be in more debt but for now it was better than just working to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment