Saturday, August 7, 2010

Asia Dominguez ch 8- a New Family

Asia (38), Naremi (10) , Vincent Guevara (41)
Narrate by Asia.
asia dominguez ch 8
I try to have breakfast with my daughter every morning and use the time to catch up. So far her studies are doing good. I myself have decided to go for my masters. After all these years I need a masters degree to accept a job as university lecturer.
asia dominguez ch 8
My boyfriend Vincent and I are going strong. We have been dating for almost four years and we can not believe it. I am glad that we are strong in our relationship especially since I just found out that I am pregnant.
asia dominguez ch 8
I am 38 and pregnant but Vincent says he is more worried about what Naremi is going to say. Naremi loves Vincent but I too am worried.
asia dominguez ch 8
We had dinner and Vincent saw me try to tell Naremi that we were pregnant. I could not even find the words. Both of them just stared at me and Naremi just said "huh"?
asia dominguez ch 8
So Vincent took charge and told her that we were expecting. Naremi was OK with the news. I still expected some form of excitement but she just said, "OK". Vincent also announced that he and I were moving in together and this was also responded with an "OK".
asia dominguez ch 8
I called my twin sister Africa over to tell her the good news. She was ecstatic to hear that I was going to be a mom again. She was worried that after adopting Naremi I would never want to experience giving birth. I was more worried about delivering at 38 years of age.
asia dominguez ch 8
Laci was supportive and told me that Africa was only 36 when she gave birth last. All was well. Naremi was just shocked to hear about the birthing business. This reminded me that it was time for the bird and the bees talk.
asia dominguez ch 8
I sat down with Naremi and explained to her about sex. I never thought about telling my daughter about it at her tender age of 10. I was careful to use correct terms and she said she understood. I also asked her if she was OK with Vincent moving in and the possibility of us moving to a bigger place. Naremi was sad to leave her school friends but all in all she wanted a bigger room. She was worried that we would give up cuddles our dalmation and I told her there was NO chanc of that. He too was part of the family.
asia dominguez ch 8
I started looking for nursery items and before I knew it I was looking at rental ads. I needed to get started at looking for a place. With my pending promotion and Vincent's salary we should be able to afford a bigger place.
asia dominguez ch 8
I had a small baby shower. Even my sister Ariel came from Downtown city to visit. She is not looking that good and I asked her if she needed help. She of course said no. I could tell that she was missing Frances more than she wanted to let on.
asia dominguez ch 8
I saw my landlord and told him about us possibly moving out and he was sad to see such great tenants leave. Soon after that I was at the hospital giving birth to twins.
asia dominguez ch 8
Here is Simon.
asia dominguez ch 8
Here is Paul.
asia dominguez ch 8
Now we were really crowded in the apartment. Vincent said he was going to definitely start looking for a new place for us. I was too busy tending to twins and Naremi. I still read a bedtime story to all three of them before they fell asleep.
asia dominguez ch 8
When Vincent came home I thought he found a place for us but it turns out he went and bought me an engagement ring!
asia dominguez ch 8
Of course I said yes and I could not believe that so many things were changing. Now I had a new family and was ready for our new apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment