Sunday, July 19, 2009

Asia Dominguez--Chapter 3

asia ch3a


Asia Dominguez ---Job: Juggler age, 27


Pet: Cuddles


Taxes paid this season: $1,400
asia ch3b


Asia was happy that spring was finally here. She spent her days being her active self. She just started the hobby of bird watching that kept her occupied.
asia ch3c


You wont find Asia at home often. If she is not working then she spends her evening jogging with her pet Cuddles. She jogs to ease her mind. To relax and to think about how her life is going. Lately all she has been thinking about is having a baby. She knows she wouldnt just sleep with anyone. Thats why she has made the decision to pursue adopting a baby. She knew it would be hard for her but still she would try her hardest.
asia ch3d


The music bug must be flying around in her family because Asia too decided to buy a musical instrument. Cuddles helped to sing along by howling to the beat.


******************************************************
asia ch3e


She invited her twin sister Africa over to let her in on her decision. Africa was speechless when she heard that Asia wanted to try adopting on her own.

"Asia..seriously your only 27. You havent even met the guy or girl that you want to maybe marry?"

"I dont think I want to. I know that you dont see things my way. I dont know maybe its that im tarnished by our parents relationship. Don't get me wrong I know that now they get along but when we were growing up?"

"I already talked to mom about those issues. You cant let that sway you from trying your own marriage or even dating. Ever since we graduated you havent even dated. How about that?"

"I dont know. I look at guys and I don't see anything that I like. Before you ask yes it will have to be a boy."

"OK your an adult. I cant wait til you tell mom and dad. I cant believe that they will support you 100%"

"either way im doing Africa. I just hope that you are available for advice."
asia ch3f

Laci, "I know that you want to be a mom I understand. I wish you the best in adopting. I hope that the process goes smoothly."

"I hope so too."

"Well we have to get going Asia. Darius please get your sister so we can go."

"aww mom come on can we stay with auntie Asia longer?"

"hey Laci, if he wants to stay and if its OK with both of you then I can take him home later."

"Really? Well you might as well get to practice now. Alright Darius you be good OK."
asia ch3g

Asia spent the afternoon with her nephew tossing the football around. Cuddles felt a little ignored but he would get a treat later that would make up for it. These were the moments when Asia felt the need to have someone to share her wisdom with. She wanted to have a child because she didnt feel lonely but she didnt want to deal with the dating ritual that went along with producing a child.

******************************************************************************
asia ch3h

Asia finally mustered the courage to tell her parents about her decision to adopt. She figured that they would be supportive of her decision. As always her mom began to talk about remodeling her apartment.

"Asia, honey your upstairs still hasnt been painted? When are you going to talk to that landlord? Did you want me or your father ?"

"Honey. Im sure Asia is capable of talking to the landlord when she is good and ready. Lets have a seat over here and wait for our lovely breakfast." Austin said. As always Austin intervened and would make Estelle ease of running their children's lives.
asia ch3i

Breakfast was going well. They were discussing Ariel's pending depature to college. Asia still couldnt believe that here little sister was almost an adult. Asia took the plunge and made the announcement.

"OK well I wanted to invite you guys over for breakfast but also to let you in on a decision I made. I am putting in an application for adoption."

"Your adopting another pet?" asked Estelle.

"No mom...im actually thinking of adopting a baby."

asia ch3j

"Im sorry did you say a baby? What in the world are you thinking about? You cant adopt your not even married. Why would you seek adoption now? I hope that you would want to wait until your married rather than now. Why the sudden change?"
asia ch3k

Austin listened to both sides and didnt know what to believe.

"So you want to adopt now? Did you think about it. Im sure you put thought into it but I dont know if you the consequences."

"Dad, I thought about it and yes I want to go through with it. I am just telling you guys not really looking for approval."
asia ch3l

They were getting ready to leave Asia house after hours of discussions. Ariel managed to watch TV since obviously she had no part in the decision whether her older sister wanted to adopt or not.

"Asia, I just want you think about what your life will be if you decide to adopt. I just hope that you really think about it before you go through with it."

"Mom. I know what im doing. Dont fear. I will let you know how it turns out."
*************************************************************************
asia ch3m
Asia did think things through and her decision was to go ahead with the adoption. Her family may or may not understand but Asia needed to do this for herself. No one really knew that deep down inside she really didnt want a husband or worse end up with a marriage like her parents first had. Sure now everything between her parents were fine and dandy but she never forgot how things used to be.
asia ch3n
The social worker showed up and asked her questions regarding her status and her reasons for wanting to adopt. She posed several questions that Asia had been asked. She did not feel nervous and was eager to get this interview out of the way.
asia ch3o
Asia was scared that the interview did not go well but in the end it was the social worker who put her mind at ease. She told her that she did a great job and she didnt see any problems with putting the adoption application through. Now all Asia needed to do was to wait for a child in need.
********************************************************************************
asia ch3p
Several months later Asia unexpectantly received the call that she was waiting for. Asia did not know what to do. Sure she wanted this to happen but now that the day was finally here she didnt know what to think or what to do first.
*************************************************************************
asia ch3q
Asia felt so nervous when she saw the blue adoption van pull up in front of her home.
"Here you go Asia. I am sure you will make a wonderful mother."
"I cant believe that this day is here. I actually was wondering if it would come true."
"Were here to support you Asia with any problems you may have. Its courageous for you to choose a newborn. I just hope that you are ready for whats in store."
"I am. I am so ready"answered Asia.
asia ch3r

Here is her baby girl who she decided to name.
Naremi

No comments:

Post a Comment