Thursday, September 24, 2009

Austin Miguel II--Chapter 4

Austin Miguel II (age 27), his wife Kea (age 24)
Narrated by Miguel
Miguel4a
I never thought that we would but we ended up buying a house. The apartment that Kea and I lived in was way too small. Now that we were parents we needed to have more space for our child. I personally thought this house was too big for us but Kea kept insisting that we needed more space not less.
Miguel4b
We had a baby boy and thus the legacy of the Dominguez family is now secure. We decided to name my son Austin Victor III. I know im his father but he is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. My wife, Kea agrees with me.
Miguel4c
For now Kea has maternity leave from her job at the laboratory she currently works in. I have to admit that Kea's pregnancy was so smooth that being a mom for her seems so natural.
miguel4d
One of the best things about having my wife home is that I always have my meals prepared for me when I come home. I love that she enjoys cooking and taking care of the house. I have been thinking about maybe hiring a maid once or twice a week to help with cleaning this big house.
miguel4e
One night I snuggled up with Kea and she told me that her job had called her. Apparently they were making more progress than they thought they would. If Kea wanted acknowledgment in the research she would have to return to work sooner than was expected. I didnt want her to go back to work because that would mean that Victor would have to be with a nanny all day. Her schedule was so unpredictable that it was hard to say when she would be home. I tried to be supportive but with my promotion and me earning more money I just dont see why she has to work.
miguel4f
We planned a nice dinner to have my family over and introduce them to Victor. My family loved my new house and loved the way Kea decorated all of it. Kea was beaming when my sisters told her that she would have to help them decorate their houses.
miguel4g
Kea showed off Victor to Suki and my other sister Asia. They were so happy to see their new little nephew. Asia was happy and asked when we were planning to have another. For right now we do not have plans for another baby. I managed to secure the legacy and that was my main purpose.
miguel4i
Kea reminded me that she was going to go back to work and I was not happy. Of course we had the age old discussion of her being a stay at home mom. She told me that how dare I ask her to put her career on hold. She said as many women do, "I can manage both things... if you wanted a servant then you should have married one." As soon as she said that I changed the subject. I know Kea's temper and trust me I did not want her in a bad mood with me.
miguel4j
I had the day off so I stay home with Victor instead of hiring a nanny. Kea kissed me goodbye and reminded me that she loved Victor and I. I hated seeing her go. I wanted her to stay with my son and myself.
miguel4k
My sister Africa came over to check up on me. I think Kea also asked her to talk to me about the working situation.
"Why don't you want her to work again?"
"I just think that Victor would benefit from having a mom that's home"
"and why would he not benefit from a dad staying home? Your just as capable as Kea to stay home Miguel"
"Africa, you know it took me forever to get my position."
"and its that way for Kea as well. Miguel you cant be selfish. Kea wants to work. Let her or you are going to end up being one lonely man"
I know my sister was right but I couldnt help it. I remember the days my mom took vacation. I loved coming home to her and dad. I guess Kea will have her way...but I am still going to try to get her to see things my way.
miguel4l
I love my son so much. I am amazed that he is already a year old. Can you imagine that time flies by so much? I was busy playing with him that I didnt notice that Kea had come back from work.
miguel4m
"How has he been? How was the new nanny?"
"She was horrible. I can't believe we actually hired her. I want another one. Victor was here crying and she was downstairs watching TV. I still think that you should reconsider staying home"
miguel4n
One night I brought home one of my co-workers for a dinner meeting. I had told Kea about it but I got home to a house with a nanny and Victor waiting for me. My wife was no where to be found. I apologized to my coworker and managed to whip something up for us to eat. In the middle of dinner Kea arrived late and she centered my meeting with my client to her research. I could not believe my client was so bored and we didnt get to discuss our plans for a new building. He left and Kea and I got into it.
Photobucket
I was going to say goodnight to Victor but I heard Kea in there. I was still upset and I didnt want Victor knowing at such a young tender age that his parents were fighting. I hope that Kea and I can get through this "work" thing. Maybe I should quit and let Kea manage the household expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment