Monday, March 22, 2010

Austin Miguel Dominguez II, Chapter 6

Photobucket
Austin Miguel II (31), Kea his wife (28) their son Austin Victor III (4).
Narrated by Miguel.
Photobucket
Kea and I have been getting along better lately. We have had our ups and downs but I think we are finally settling into this marriage thing. Even our baby Victor notices that we are not arguing as much. Kea still wants to go back to work so I agreed that she should. This seemed to lessen the tension on our marriage. I just want all of us to be happy but sometimes it seems that the closer we get to that nirvana the farther it goes.
Photobucket
I have had several business meetings at home. Kenneth is my collegue and we have him over for dinner quite often. He and Kea seem to get along. The minute we start talking about our building plans Kea lets us be.
Kenneth managed to ask us about having more kids. That is a touchy subject for Kea so I let her respond to that quesiton. If it were up to me we would definitely be having another baby. I just fear that that the moment, Kea resents having to stay home more than she works.
Photobucket
Our sex life has gone down dramatically. Since I get home so late and exhausted I head straight to bed. The nights that I do want to wait up for Kea she takes forever and next thing I know im asleep. I dont want this to affect our relationship but work right now is too stressful for me to be anything but exhausted.
Photobucket
Finally after weeks of exhaustion I get the chance to come home and cuddle with my wife. Kea is understanding therefore I have learned from her to understand her situation. I have no idea how she roped me into taking care of Victor the next day while she went to work. Sure I have taken care of my son but not the whole day by myself. I just hope that Victor and I are able to bond tommorrow.
Photobucket
I got up bright and early and announced to Victor that it was Daddy and Son day. For the looks of it he really didnt get too excited of our planned day together.
Photobucket
I tried to follow the schedule that Kea left me. I always thought that she was not as busy as this schedule shows her to be. After feeding Victor, Potty training him and playing with him, its time for his nap. I set him down, look at the rest of the schedule and get going.
Photobucket
I never thought that I would make such a mess in the kitchen. Kea placed cleaning the kitched up therefore I am going to do it. This doesnt seem so bad.. oh look Kea missed a spot when she cleaned last time.
Photobucket
Seeing that Victor is still asleep I managed to get some exercise on on our new treadmill. Both Kea and I were starting to look a little pudgy and that will not do.
Photobucket
I hurried and took a shower and before long I head Victor shouting. I knew that nap time was over and he was hungry. I put him in his high chair and I was ready for him to eat and I was ready for Kea to come hom. I played Peek a boo with him but he was getting tired of being with me. I know he missed him mom a lot.
Photobucket
Finally Kea came home gave me a kiss and I handed her Victor. I never heard Victor squeal so much. Kea was ecstatic about her research projects but I just wanted to go up and take a big nap.
Photobucket
Things have been going so well at work that it has Jordan (my ex-) trying to woo me over to her company. I am sure she got my number from a client of ours. Due to our dating history Kea told me that she didnt want me anywhere near Jordan. The problem is that Jordan and I are in the same career. We go to the same meetings so we are bound to see and speak to each other. Jordan and I have an understanding that nothing will happen between us but Kea does not nor wants to understand that. That's why Jordan ceased her business with my company...but now she was offering at 10,000 sign on bonus and rights to my latest building plans. Of course I said no. However that money would come so much in handy.
Photobucket
I did not know how to approach the subject with Kea. During dinner I managed to casually mention that I had an opportunity to get promoted. Kea loved the idea especially if it meant for her to spend more time at work while I stayed home. I dont see how it would work that way but she wanted more details. I told her that Jordan had offered me $10,000 to join her firm and that was a lot of money to sign on.
Photobucket
Kea looked at me dumbfounded and asked a billion questions regarding how Jordan got my number. She fails to realize that both Jordan and I travel in the same business circles all the time.
"Miguel, I understand you want a promotion. We all do but at what expense? I don't trust Jordan and I know that she wants you for herself. I wish you would see things my way and just cut her off socially."
"so does this mean a no to working with Jordan"
"Im afraid so Miguel. I just dont feel comfortable you being with her all the time" Truth was that I didnt know why she saw Jordan as such competition.
Photobucket
After dinner I decided to take a walk. I needed a breath of fresh air. I needed to understand why Kea didn't see this as a golden opportunity for us to grow as a family. The $10,000 would help us pay our taxes and even have Victor attend private school. I just have to keep focused on my family. I would have to call Jordan and turn her proposal down.
Photobucket
I decided to email Jordan because it would simply be easier than actually talking to her. Her email response was rather quickly and in it she stated, "Miguel, as CEO of this company I find it hard to believe that you will not be willing to spread your wings. I will go above my original offer and make it a sign on bonus of $25,ooo and exclusive rights to the current building draft. Let me know what you think. I honestly think that this is a one time offer. Sincerely yours, Jordan Bachman, CEO" Wow now the price was $25,000 but that was way too much.
Photobucket
I couldnt contain my glee of the possibility of getting a sign on bonus of $25,000. This has to mean that Jordan's company is either doing very well or its actually collapsing and she desparately needs new talent. I looked at Victor and knew that I really would have to consider this offer.
Photobucket
I tucked Victor in and I decided that money is not everything. It would be nice but it is more important for my wife and I to get along. So for our marriage sake I am going to yet turn down the proposal. Jordan would want to know as soon as possible so I would call her before my late dinner with Kea.
Photobucket
I called Jordan and explained to her that I could not accept her offer. She then proceeded to tell me that her client was in desperate need of the draft that I had let certain people get a preview of. I didnt know what to say. Part of me felt betrayed that my draft was out there getting viewed and criticized without my knowledge. Right when I was telling Jordan of my disapproval and she told me that she was authorized to give me a $50,000 sign on bonus just for my draft. Before I hung up I told Jordan that I accepted. I would find some way to make it up to Kea.
Photobucket
I told Kea during dinner and I did not get the support I needed. Kea right away argued that money was more important to me than our happiness. I know that she is upset but she will realize that we needed this cash more now than ever.

She was so upset that she didnt even want to continue eating her food. She got up and told me that she was going to bed. That meant that she was beyond angry. I just hoped that I did not damage our marriage beyond repair. I just have to keep seeing the bigger picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment