Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Asia Dominguez- Ch 6

Photobucket
Asia (33) Naremi (6)
Photobucket
Alvin Kuta and I are still dating but it seems like things are going on a downward spiral. Him and I are both so busy with our careers that we find it difficult to find time for a date. I am also find that my juggling career is not giving me too much time for Naremi.
Photobucket
I made a new friend Joe Carr. At first we were feeling each other to see if maybe there was sparks there. Thankfully we did not go down that road and we are able to be friends. Naremi loves Joe but she knows he is just a friend. I have to admit its nice getting a guy's point of view. He also agrees that Alvin and I might be breaking up. Conveniently he has a friend named Vincent that he has been dying to set me up with. Who knows I am actually considering it.
Photobucket
Alvin and I finally made a dinner date at the house and to my dismay he called and cancelled. I asked him if just wanted to postpone the time and he said no. As soon as I hung up I called Joe and told him to give his friend my number.
Photobucket
Naremi has been missing Alvin a lot lately and it breaks my heart that she always asks for him. apparently he had promised to get her a fish but never came through. I told her that I would take her to get fish but via fishing. I got up and planned a quickie vacation for Naremi and I.
Photobucket
Naremi was amazed at Three Lakes Lodge. We had a blast trying to learn to catch fish. She actually caught one versus I only caught an old boot. Our guide was wonderful. The sad part for Naremi was actually having to sleep in a tent. She thought I was kidding when I pointed the the tent earlier and I said, "we will be sleeping there later". By the time our vacation was over we were dying to get back to our house and sleep in our comfy beds.
***********************************************************************************
Photobucket

Alvin finally made it over for dinner but I choose to send Naremi to her aunt Africa's house. We made small talk but there was nothing really to say between us. Alvin kept sighing throughout the whole dinner. I finally asked him, "so whats going on? Clearly we are not on the same page anymore"
Photobucket
"I know I have been distant. Asia it's not you, its actually me. I want to make things work with you but I am so busy at work right now. I hope I dont know maybe take a break?"
"You know Alvin, I have to be honest. I really have been feeling as though we are no longer each other's priority. I understand about your work. Trust me I understand. I myself and contemplating a career change. We can always remain friends and who knows.. maybe in the future we can pick up where we left off."
"Thats why I am going to miss you. You are the one girl I have met that is so drama free. Here I was expecting this big scene when its just a calm discussion between the two of us".
Asia looked at Alvin and smiled. In truth she was worried that her first real boyfriend and relationship was now over. At least she can add this to her book of experiences and call it a day.
Photobucket
Joe did make on his promise and give his friend Vincent my phone number. We decided to meet in Downtown Viramontes for some nice friendly fun. I was walking around the shopping mall when I noticed this guy and boy oh boy did I notice him. You know one always hopes that he is the guy but then I thought I could not be that lucky.
"Excuse me...you wouldnt happen to be Asia would you?"
"Vincent? Wow Its so nice to meet you."
Photobucket
We sat down for dinner and we talked introduced ourselves. You have to love the first date. It's awkward for both of you. The questions always remain the same, "What are you looking for? What are you into? When was your last relationship? Any kids?" Vincent answered all of mine. He had no kids, he was into his master's program and he had graduated as a lawyer. He was unsure of the kid part since he is 37 years old and never thought that he would meet someone. He is an only child and he is currently trying to find someone to befriend and definitely be more. For a first date we had so much fun just talking and before we ended it he asked me out again.
Photobucket
Our second date was at the bowling alley. I had not been bowling in such a long time. I think the last time I was here was with my parents and you can imagine that was along time ago. Vincent was a good sport.
Photobucket
Honestly I did not want to laugh when he slipped but he told me I could so I did! It was great to be able to be with someone that could laugh at themselves too. We ended our date and it was great. Before he dropped me off he had me already booked for a third date.
Photobucket
Our third date was two weeks later. For a minute I thought that he was never going to call me. When he did he asked me out for coffee and some ice skating. As you can see we are not good at the ice skating portion of it.
Photobucket
This time after our date I invited him in for some coffee. Naremi was already gone to bed. I let the babysitter go home and it was just Vincent and I alone at home. I am loving the fact that Vincent is not pushy just because he knew that Naremi was asleep. We ended the night and we hugged and kissed very lightly. I was falling for this guy faster that I had ever imagined.
Photobucket
I know what your thinking. Alvin called and said he wanted no that he needed to talk to me as soon as possible. I told him to come over to talk. I asked him what was the urgency regarding and he asked me if it was true that I was dating someone else. He put his hand on mine and all I could think about was how I wish he were Vincent. Its funny how when you break up with someone, no matter how cordial you always see the person differently. Now that I looked at Alvin I wondered what I saw in him to begin with. I pulled my hand away and told him that I was seeing Vincent and that we were seriously dating. Alvin for some reason thought that we were on hiatus. I never agreed to that. I cleared our terms up again and this time he realized that his need for a "break" actually involved giving me freedom. Too late now I thought. He went home and promised that he would try his best to "win me back". I think it would be useless effort but to each his own.
Photobucket
When Vincent came over, I decided to give him this big hug. I had missed him so much and I could not believe that it had been two days since I had seen him last. Vincent whispered in my ear, "I have miss you so much."
Photobucket
I decided to tell Vincent about Alvin and he appreciated me being honest. He asked me if I felt or harbored any feelings for Alvin and my immediate response was no. He was told me, "Im glad to hear that. I dont want to compete, especially for someone who doesnt feel for me the way I feel for her."
Photobucket
Dont know how but we ended up in my bedroom. Don't get the wrong idea, im still a virgin. We did however have a strong make out session. When Vincent wanted to take a step further I stopped him and told him that I had never been with no one. That when he asked about Naremi and I told him that she was adopted. It will never stop amazing me how men get this gleam in their eye when they find out i'm a virgin.
Photobucket
At the end of the night we kissed and I felt so happy. Vincent officially asked me to be his girlfriend and I whispered, "of course". I am ecstatic and at the same time scared of what our future could bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment